The Great Leveler: eCommerce's Next Move
In this year's annual eCommerce benchmark, we found fascinating similarities between the largest and smallest retailers, all of whom are challenged by Amazon.com's continued march across the digital landscape. The sharpest differences were actually found between under- and over-performing retailers, whom RSR call Laggards and Retail Winners, respectively. Highlights at a glance:
- Laggards are focused on keeping up with a mercurial customer while Winners are finding ways to become more fast and efficient in fulfillment operations
- Search and browse capabilities are most highly prized as retailers seek to improve traffic to their sites, and keep customers there once they arrive
- Better performing retailers see their eCommerce platforms of today becoming their cross-channel platform of the future
- Budgets are tightening across the board
- Even with declining budgets retailers have plans to purchase more technologies to support the digital domain
You must log in or register to access this content. Registration is complimentary.Login / Register
Already registered? Log in here.
Forgotten or lost your password? Enter your email address we'll send you instructions on how to reset it.
Register here for complimentary access to RSR's content.